Friday, September 24, 2010

Sunny Days, Sweepin the Clouds Away..

As a youngin, Sesame Street was my absolute favorite television show. It even beat out Barney, and that's really saying something because I was gaga for the goofy purple freak. For whatever reason though, the crazy characters just a couple blocks down on Sesame really spoke to me. I had both Bert and Ernie stuffed toys that I toted around all over the place during the day and cuddled up with at night. Eventually, something magical happened. Because of timing, fate and undeniable reciprocated love, Bert and I got fell in love and got married. The ceremony took place in my grandparent's backyard. My grandpa watched with tears in his eyes as one of about eight guest (the other seven were inanimate objects), while my grandma performed the holy matrimony. It made perfect sense to me that if Bert and I were married, then that Ernie was our son. Things were swell and dandy for about two days, but eventually Bert and I split. I guess we weren't meant to go the distance...

My tangent doesn't have much to do with the video below though, other than the fact that my "son" is the star. Haven't seen him in a while though...

Although I outgrew Bert and the whole Sesame Street gang quite a while back, I never outgrew this song. It remains to be one of my favorites. It's sweet and has a good message and I thought I'd share.

"Well, I'd like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon
But I don't think I'd like to live there
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don't want to live on the moon"

No comments: