Monday, November 22, 2010

Must See Moovay

"House of D" is one of my all time favorite movies. I'm not big on David Duchovny, I think he's a little pervy, but the movie's so great I'll let it slide. And he wrote the screenplay too, which gives him some extra brownie points. I watched this movie on a random Sunday in high school when I was bored and home alone. I sat down expecting to turn it off half through or maybe doze off, but my eyes were glued to the screen from the second it started. I became emotionally invested in the movie and by the end, I felt like the whole thing had happened to me (which is extra weird considering it's a coming of age story about a boy). I cried throughout most of the film, even at the parts when there was no reason on Earth that I should be crying.

This movie feels like it's mine and mine alone because I have yet to find another person who has seen it. I've only seen it once,  and this is something that I made a conscious decision about. If I see a movie too many times or if I don't put enough time in between screenings, it loses some of it's sparkle. I want to be able to feel the same way I did when I first saw it, every time. It seems like a lifetime ago that I saw "House of D" though and I think its about time to see it again.

Also, the main character, played by Anton Yelchin is a phenominal actor and just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.



No comments: