Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tricky Bastard.......

I'm feeling extremely nostalgic lately. I miss my family and friends from home, and find myself thinking about certain moments from my childhood, my high school and Hillsdale days...I mean really, I'm feeling so emo I've actually caught myself missing moments from last week. At first, I couldn't figure out this sudden surge of sensitivity. I'm completely aware of my ability to get emotional for no reason, but I have to admit that my dramatics are a little over the top at this point. Luckily I don't inflict this weirdness on anyone else, as these moments usually occur in the middle of the night when normal humans are sleeping, and I am...

1. Staring into space
2. Staring at my computer
3. Staring at the pages of books...

with music playing in the background.

It all came to me last night. It's all because of ITunes. That DJ is quite the sly one. One minute he's playing "Ridin Dirty," instantly taking me back to high school weekends when we'd stay out until seven in the morning. The next second he's throwing out a Stevie Wonder song like "Isn't She Lovely" that reminds me of my dad and the times when I literally cried in the car because his singing is so bad. The music master might then throw out some Sugar Ray song that I forgot I'M OBSESSED with and then end the night with a little David Bowie. Although I'm relieved I've found the source of my episodic pining for the past in the pitch dark, this revelation has done nothing to cure me of it. 

Recently ITunes DJ reintroduced me to these...









No comments: