Monday, August 30, 2010

They Tell Me I'm Crazy, You Told me I'm Golden


The Weepies have always had my back. Midnight drives freshman year thinking about soul emptying young love, background music to countless weeknights vibing on the couch, music that got me through some very homesick hours during my semester abroad in Spain, and moments that I just felt like listening to something beautiful and smiling. The list goes on.

Every lyric ever sang by the Weepies is inspiring, true, simple but also monumental. Below is a clutter collage of some of my favorites.



"You turned me into somebody loved"


 


 

"Standing in the sun smoking quiet cigarettes
Just before I let you down
Funny how a heart shatters all at once 
Seems like it should make a sound" 






"I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home"



"What can I compare you to, a favorite pair of shoes? 
Maybe my bright red boots if they had wings"



"No amount of coffee, no amount of crying, 
no amount of whiskey, no amount of wine
No, nothing else will do/I've gotta have you"






 "They tell me I'm crazy/But you told me I'm golden"



Maybe, 
Noe

1 comment:

sMe said...

beautiful! jilly loved the weepies too :)