Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot Child In the City

Hot Child in The City. That’s the song that’s playing in my head for this entire first month in The City. I have a tendency to put soundtracks to my life, playing music only I can hear as I do mundane things like get coffee or walk to the bus. I’m sure this wouldn’t come as a shock to my friends. I’m often referred to theatrical or dramatic. I just think living life like your in a movie makes things more interesting. Unfortunately, about six of those days plays out like a boring Indie film. Whatever, Indies always have the best music.

Now that I’ve moved on from Hillsman (at least geographically), my adventures are a little different. I’ve moved into an apartment with Kelsee and we’re trying to play part of hot young twenty somethings. I’m not so sure how we’re doing at this. I get the impression that we might stick out as newbies. It’s like Freshman Year, Part II. Scurrying around with big eyes and perma-smiles, I might as well have a compass in one hand and my phone with 911 speed dialed in the other because I truly don’t know what the hell I’m doing. That’s supposed to be the beauty of it though right? So far, so good, in my opinion. I’ve woken up happy every morning and there has only been one night involving tears thus far. It was the result of too many tequila shots and it didn't happen until the end of the night and I had had ample time to have fun, so we’re just not going to count that one. 

Danger in the shape of somethin' wild

Stranger dressed in black, she's a hungry child

No one knows who she is or what her name is

I don't know where she came from or what her game is

Hot child in the city

Hot child in the city

Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty

Hot child in the city”


Sounds like something from a movie to me…

Maybe, Noe

No comments: